Campus Gist

0
1329

NAISS passes vote of Confidence on fine MD
By reagan obioma

The National Association of Imo State Student (NAISS) has passed a vote of confidence on the Medical Director of the Federal Medical Centre Owerri, Dr Angela Uwakwem for her effort on attracting huge facilities to the hospital.
In his addressed, the NAISS National president, Comr Maumezim Chukwuma Luggard,
during their visit to the MD, congratulate Dr Uwakwem on her exploits.
He described her as a star, great achiever and an assert to the nation, saying she has maintained a cordial relationship with all that matter in the society.
He stressed that the commendation was not based on sentiment but on quality leadership.
The NAISS boss also submitted that their visit was to show their appreciation and also encourage her and every other well meaning Imolite who are serving in various capacities in the society to emulate her in order to move the society forward.
In her reaction, the Chief Medical Director, Federal Medical Centre, Dr Angela Uwakwem expressed delight on their visit and commended the group on their effort for the progress of the state.
According to her, she would work effectively to ensure that those behind her will benefit while those who will come after her will have where to start from. She also advised the youths not to eat the forbidding fruit to enable the forge ahead.
The director of clinical services, Dr Ben Ajonwa urged them to keep showing the light to become role models future.

ABSU Hostel Ravaged By Strange Fire
By iwuoha chidimma

The Student Union Government (SUG) of Abia State University and the School Authority has express their shock over fire out break that occurred yesterday evening at the school hostel C.
According to the information reaching campus gist stated that it was one of the biggest hostel in the school.
Also lamented that the students who were around the premises as at that time tried to secure some of their properties but could not due to the high intensity of the fire.
According to an eye witness Bright Ihueke who spoke to campus gist, he stated that the cause of the fire was as a result of electricity failure from a electricity pole near the Hostel also stated that all effort to call the fire service proof abortive.
Advising the students, Bright urge the students to always switch off their sockets and their sets ones the school light is off, also pleaded with the school authority to see to the cause of the incident and to ratify it, meanwhile there was casualties recorded as at time.